Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Justin's Last Day Of Pre-K



I've known since August that May 22nd would be Justin's last day of school. I have known for several months that Justin loves his teacher and that she has helped him immensely. I have known for just as long that we wanted to make something special as a thank you gift for her. I've known for a few weeks that I wanted to make a scrapbook then a garland for her out of K&Co's Kazoo Kids Scrap Pad To Go. Could I find it anywhere??? NO!!! In desperation I trounced around the local stores and found this lovely
paper at Hobby Lobby of all places. It is Daisy D's and it's probably even more perfect than the K&Co that I was obsessed with. I of course didn't find it until Monday afternoon when his last day was Tuesday so I worked late into the night and then in the wee hours of the morning to get it done. I have to say I was a little teary in the class room. My baby will be going to big boy school next fall.. .ALL day EVERY day. It's also scary putting him in the hands of a teacher I don't know. I was lucky enough to know Bambi (Mrs. Brunkow) through scrapbooking so was comfortable leaving my then 4 year old in her (and lovely Mrs Ford's) care. I am also so happy for Bambi. She suffered the tragedy of losing her husband that I cannot, nor want to even try to comprehend but I have noticed on our last few visits that she was sparkling and seemed lighter than I'd seen her in a long time. She confided in me that she had found someone new and that she was getting MARRIED!!! I am so excited for her! She showed me her invitations yesterday (she is making them herself and they are AWESOME!) ...and her honey is quite the CUTIE! He is a very lucky man. My wish for them is many happy years and many ornery kids together! Believe me, after a year with Justin and his classmates she is definitely prepared!

No comments: